Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jesus Desires Mercy not Sacrifice

Matthew 9:13 (Jesus speaking) "But go and learn what this means: I desire mercy, not sacrifice.  For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 12:7 (Jesus speaking) "If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent."

Hosea 6:4-6 "What can I do with you, Ephraim?  What can I do with you, Judah?  Your love is like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears.  Therefore, I cut you into pieces with my prophets, I killed you with words of my mouth, my judgments flashed like lightning upon you.  For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings."

Micah 6:6-8 "With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God?  Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil?  Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  He has showed you, O man what is good. And what does the Lord require of you?  To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

No comments: