Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and You'll recover your life."

Below is my journal entry from October 12, 2012. 

Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God?  Or am I trying to please men?  If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Oh, God, help me not forget who I am trying to please! I am to please you and You alone!  I don't have to please anyone else.  God, how do I please you without being "married to the law?"  I guess the first step is learning what pleases You.  

(Upon searching through Jesus' NT teachings, God brought me to Matthew 5:3-12...The Beautitudes)

Poor in spirit/Mournful
Meek
Hunger and thirst for righteousness
Merciful
Pure in heart
Peacemakers
Don't hate others
Don't lust
Manage your "multiple" personalities
Love your enemies
Pray in secret
Store treasures for Heaven
Don't worry
Don't judge others
Ask, seek, knock
Repent!  Matt 11:20-24

Rest in Him!  Matt 11:28-30 (from The Message): 

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?  Come to me. Get away with me and You'll recover your life."

No comments: