Friday, September 14, 2012

Two Baby Teeth Gone!

Today was the day!  The first two baby teeth were pulled.  Carley was so brave.  The dentist and assistant took the spots on either side of her, so dear ole' mom was told to wait in the lobby.  Um, no.  I said, "do I HAVE to leave?" And the dentist said it was okay for me to stay.  So I did.  I have a history of passing out and I get super queasy when anything medical is involved, so I stood and prayed that I wouldn't pass out.  I tried to not think about what they were doing, but I saw the needle for the numbing shot and my head started to spin.  So, I did the only thing I could do...pulled out my phone and posted a status on Facebook! As soon as  I did, a couple of really good friends/family members (Thank you, Tracy, Mindy, Nancy, mom and Amy!) started praying, too.  I was able to keep control of myself. Then it hit me that Carley might pass out.  This is the first time she's ever had any kind of procedure, so I really wasn't sure how she'd react.  According to the dental assistant, she didn't even flinch when the shot was given.  Um, yeah...a little braver than her mom!
At that point, I felt good enough to watch, so I watched the dentist get pliars and basically yank her tooth out.  She did make a little noise, but again, no screaming or thrashing around or anything like that :-)
And with that, the assistant hands me a baggie with 2 tiny teeth in it.  One of them had the whole root attached (eek!) which sent my head spinning a little more.  But we made it out to the front, paid, and were on our way.  When we arrived home, Carley seemed to be in a lot of pain but after a couple of hours, she seems pretty normal. 
I am praying that her other teeth just get loose...I wouldn't mind if I never have to watch that happen to my girl again :-)


No comments: