Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The More Busy I am, the More I need the Lord

My planner.  I love my planner.  I don't know what I'd do without it.  No, I do not keep my schedule in my phone.  Rarely do I keep it on the computer, although I do love www.cozi.com to organize things!  (You can set it up to send you text reminders for ANYTHING! It's wonderful!)
But I really love my planner.  It's pink.  It has a calendar in it, with lots of space to write things each day.
Something interesting about my planner is that when I look ahead to October, there are hardly any entries.  That's how September looked about a month ago.  One or two things here and there. But now, September is full.  Many appointments, meetings, trips, LADIES RETREAT (!) and things I didn't expect to come up.  Something tells me that October will be the same.  It's not very full now, but give it a couple of weeks and it will be full of fun things to do.  And maybe some not so fun things.
I am not alone. I am not important because I have all of these things to do - we are all pulled in many directions, and I know most people's calendars are full. I know that because we've probably tried to get together and couldn't find a time that we're both available!
So what to do when things are so busy?  These are the times that I rely on God the MOST.  I need Him to help me get through the day, to help me get from point A to point B, then C,D,E,F...and so on.  I need Him to keep me sane.  I need Him to keep me from having an UNGLUED moment.  Or at least help me through my UNGLUED moment so that I don't make a complete fool of myself (which trust me, has happened.  Chances are, most of you have seen me in an unglued moment. I apologize.)
I desperately need PRAYER in these times.  God keeps me calm.  I don't know how He does it.  But when I don't pray, I feel like I'm drowning.  And then I can whisper to God, "please help me, Lord.  Please help me have the right perspective today, and get through all that I need."  And He is faithful to give me peace.  Praise God for that!
About 8 years ago, Dustin and I attended a seminar at Discovery Church. It was a seminar that was being broadcast from somewhere else - we were joining by watching on the big screen.  I believe it was Bishop Kenneth Ulmer from Los Angeles speaking.  He said something that I've repeated to myself since that time.  "For every appointment, there's an anointment."  If God makes the appointment, He will anoint me to do it.  I might be tired, but I'll get through it and (hopefully) bring honor and glory to His Name.
So, here's to a very busy September and a possibly busier October.
To God be the glory!

No comments: