Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grown Up Girlfriends

This is the topic I am doing as a break out session for our ladies retreat in September.  I am so excited!  And nervous!  God has been convicting me of our need as women for real, honest friendships.  Not fake, surface relationships that leave you feeling empty and insecure.  But as sisters in Christ, we are to build each other up and learn about ourselves, and Christ, together.
I've already learned so much from the book I'm using, Grown Up Girlfriends, written by Erin Smalley and Carrie Oliver.  I can't wait to read the rest of it and develop some thoughts to share with the ladies of Avalon.
Here is a small excerpt from the book, just to get you excited!
"Be careful to avoid using your personality preferences as excuses for behavior that is not godly or helpful.  If I am an extrovert, I could blurt out angry-or accusing-sounding statements and then say something like, "That's just the way I am."  This is not acceptable.  We are never to use our personalieites to manipulate or control another person."  

See, I told you...good stuff!!!

No comments: