Thursday, August 18, 2011

August. So far.

August is half way over and we are nearing the end of our first "real" summer. I say that because it actually felt like summer since Carley was in preschool last year.  Since I finished school many, many years ago, summer has never felt quite the same.  What was I taking a break from?  I still had to go to work.  So, since Carley was in school last year, we really felt like we celebrated summer for the first time in a long time!
And now we are gearing up for school.  AAAHHHH! I'm going to have a child in kindergarten.  It's crazy to me.  I remember being in kindergarten.  I always thought parents were kinda out of my range when they announced to me that they had a school-aged child.  And now, I'm one of them. I officially have a school-aged daughter.
Another reason why kindergarten freaks me out (a little) is because I remember very clearly when my nephew (now a senior) was in kindergarten and my niece (now a 6th grader).  My niece was 5 when Dustin and I moved back to Florida after 13 months in Georgia.  That seems like yesterday to me.  And now she's in youth group.  Time goes so fast.
Pictures from the first half of August.






No comments: